Founded in 1972, the Salem Witch Museum offers two exhibits that show the history of the witch trials as well as the meaning behind the word witch. Out front you can see a statue of Roger Conant, the founder of Salem (originally known as Naumkeag). Many believed that Conant participated in the trials, although this is not true as he had passed away before the trials began.
The witch hunt started when two young girls fell ill in 1692, and suffered unusual symptoms. After attempts of healing the girls through medicine and prayer, the girls did not recover. Soon, several more people got sick and experienced the same symptoms. Shortly after, many were accused of witchcraft due to the illnesses. About 150 people were put in jail for suspected witchcraft. When the witch trials began, 20 people were killed for witchcraft. At the Salem Witch Museum you can get an in-depth history and information about significant dates related to the witch trials. Today, Salem is still rich with history, when visiting you can see 17th century buildings with phenomenal architecture.
After you finish looking through the exhibits at the Salem Witch Museum, you can pay a visit to the gift store. There you can find anything from books to souvenirs to help remember your trip. When booking for the Halloween tour with Comfort Tour Canada, you will get a 3 hour fully guided tour of Salem and a chance to visit the Salem Witch Museum! This 4 day tour includes 3 nights at a first class hotel and 3 full breakfasts. Book you Halloween trip today at www.comforttour.com and receive $10 off your booking!
Day 1 – Toronto » Boston
- 6:30 – 9:00 AM Board the coach at your chosen pick-up location (pick-up times vary) and travel to Niagara Falls Canada/U.S. border (proper documents required subject to U.S. entry laws).
- 11:30 AM Border crossing, followed by a break at Pembroke Rest Area in NY.
- 2:00 PM Stop for lunch en route (cost of lunch is not included).
- 6:00 PM Stop for dinner en route (cost of dinner is not included).
- 8:00 PM Approximate arrival time at your luxury hotel located in Boston suburb, a short distance from the Boston city center. Enjoy the evening at your leisure.
Day 2 – Salem Tour and Witch Museum
- 6:30 AM – 7:45 AM – Buffet breakfast at your hotel (included). Depart the hotel for Salem.
- 10:00 AM – Check-in at the Salem Witch Museum/Free time on your own in downtown Salem (Optional – Extra $12/person for Museum Admission).
- 1:00 PM – Free time for lunch (Cost of lunch is not included).
- 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM – Enjoy a 3-hour Fully-Guided tour of Salem with a local tour guide.
- 5:00PM – 7:00 PM – Enjoy dinner on your own in downtown Salem.
- 7:00 PM – Meet the bus to return to your hotel.
Day 3 – Boston City Tour
(Guided tour of Boston + Free Time)
- 6:30 AM – 7:45 AM Buffet breakfast at your hotel (included). Bus leaves the hotel at 8:00 AM.
- 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM Enjoy a Fully-Guided Tour of Boston with your local Boston city guide.(Tour is a combination of bus and walking).
Tour Highlights Include:» Freedom Trail» Old Ironsides» Revere House» The Revere Statue» Old North Church» Copp’s Hill Burying Ground» Park Street Church» Boston Common» Old Granary Burying Ground» King’s Chapel and Old State House
- Lunch Break at Quincy Market for a variety of food at the food court.
After Lunch, continue the tour with a short drive to Cambridge for a visit to the Harvard Yard, America’s Most celebrated University. Stop for photos at Copley Square, which is architecturally, the most pleasing spot in all of New England. The Charlestown Navy Yard (historic park) with the USS Constitution Museum.(All the above sites are on the general tour, some walking involved)
Gratuities to your city tour guide are optional and at your discretion.
- 3:00 PM – 8:00 PM Free time in Boston.
Here are some suggestions for what to visit during your free time:
- 3:00 PM – 8:00 PM Free time in Boston.
- New England Aquarium Home, among Boston’s premier visitor attractions with over 1.3 million visitors a year.
- Boston’s Back Bay, one of America’s most desirable neighborhoods! Stroll through Newbury Street, Boylston Street, and Commonwealth Avenue, where you will find many unique shops, restaurants, and vintage homes.
- Museum of Science
- Museum of Fine Arts, one of the most comprehensive art museums in the world encompassing nearly 450,000 works of art!
- Institute of Contemporary Art Boston
- 8:00 PM Pick-up a designated meeting place in central Boston and return to your hotel (You may stay longer for the nightlife; however you must arrange your own transportation back to the hotel.)
Day 4 – Boston » Toronto
- 6:30 AM – 7:45 AM Buffet breakfast at your hotel (included), followed by hotel check-out.
- 8:00 AM Departure from Boston for Toronto via scenic routes.
- 11:00 AM Coffee and restroom break en route.
- 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM Stop at outlet mall en route for lunch and shopping.
- 8:30 PM – 9:30 PM Expected arrival time at your drop-off location (same as your selected pick-up location).
Gratuities to your tour director are optional and at your discretion.
Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center invites you to experience our newly renovated hotel. After undergoing a multi-million dollar renovation, our revitalized hotel is now the perfect place for you to connect and relax. Dine with us at our brand new Postern Grille and enjoy the local flavors of New England. Feel your best away from home when you workout at our fitness center featuring Sheraton by Core Performance. Relax with our renowned Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds® and take in the great guestroom amenities including oversized work areas with plush seating. Enjoy an upgraded stay when you reserve a Sheraton Club Level room.
- 6:30am Scarborough Town Centre (LA-Z Boy Furniture Parking Lot – 530 Progress Ave, ON M1P 2K2)
- 7:00am North York – Dufferin and Wilson “Costco Plaza” (Second Cup Coffee Shop – 693 Wilson Ave) Subway Station – Wilson Subway Station is across from the pick up location.
- 7:25am Toronto Airport – Tim Hortons (638 Dixon Road, Toronto, ON)
- 7:50am Mississauga – Square One Mall Mississauga, beside Panera Bread coffee shop/LCBO Store – 65 Square One Drive) ***Please do not park in the Square One Plaza***
- 8:55am Grimsby – Gateway Niagara Information Centre – 424 South Service Rd (exit 74 off QEW)
- After 3pm Boston – Arrive at your Boston Hotel on your own